Then, select Control Panel from the drop-down menu. Select Programs and Features by double-clicking it. Click Change after selecting Microsoft Office 365. Choose Quick Repair, then click Repair. The application will restart itself.
Option 4: Repair Office Installation with Programs and Features Manually
1. Select "Detect and Repair" from the "Help" menu. 2. Read the content in the dialog box. This function will attempt to automatically detect and correct mistakes in all Office files. 3. Check the boxes next to "Restore my shortcuts when fixing" and/or "Discard my personalized settings and restore default settings" if desired. 4. Click the "Start Scanning" button.
5. When you click the "Stop Scanning" button, the program will finish repairing your documents and open them with no problems.
6. To view detailed information about errors found by the tool, double-click an error in the list.
7. If you want Microsoft Office to show a notification each time it detects that one of your files is damaged, check the "Send me an email whenever a file needs recovery assistance" option. The program will then use more resources to scan files for damage. This feature is useful if you often work with outdated software or users who don't know how to handle documents properly.
8. If you want Microsoft Office to ask you before trying to fix a damaged document, select the "Prompt me every time I try to help a damaged document" option.
9. Click the "Save Changes" button to finalize the repair process.
Document for repair Select File from the Ribbon in Word, followed by Open. To highlight your Word document in the Open dialog box, click once. Select Open and Repair by clicking the arrow next to the Open button. The Open and Repair command also can be found on the Home tab.
To restart Office, just close any Office apps, such as Word or Outlook, then relaunch them. If you want to close all Office apps at once, press Ctrl+Alt+Del and click the Restart button.
I can't type because Word won't let me.
After a file corruption error, open a document.
If the "Document Recovery" pane does not appear, follow these steps: