Scroll down for Windows tips, tricks, and recommendations, and then move the switch to the "Off" position. This will prevent Google Chrome from offering to notify you when it has updates available through its Check For Updates feature.
How do I stop Google from playing the news?
Click on the news and weather icons to learn more. Drag into the profile menu and then down to settings at the bottom. When you're at the settings screen, choose the only check box on the page that disables notifications. Your search results will no longer be updated when new information is found.
How do I get rid of the pop-up in the bottom right corner of Google Chrome?
In Chrome, disable Site Notifications.
- Click the Chrome menu (the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the Chrome window) and select Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security” click Site Settings.
- Under “Permissions” click Notifications.
How do I stop Chrome from receiving messages?
Allow or disable alerts from all websites.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Choose to block or allow notifications: Allow or Block all: Turn on or off Sites can ask to send notifications.
How do I get rid of the daily news pop-up on Google Chrome?
The instructions may alter somewhat depending on the version of Android you're using.
- Tap Settings.
- Select Apps & notifications => Apps.
- Find and tap the browser that displays Dailynews. support notifications.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find Dailynews. support in the list and disable it.
Can’t uninstall Google Chrome when it says "Close all windows"?
If you open Task Manager, you may notice Google Notifications running in the background. Finish their duties (END TASK) before attempting to remove Chrome. It worked for me. Hope it works for you too!
How do I get rid of the Instant Checkmate pop-up on Google Chrome?
- Click the Chrome menu (three vertical dots in the upper right hand corner) > Settings > Click on “Show advanced settings”
- Under Privacy, click on “Content settings…”
- Scroll to Notifications and click “Manage exceptions…”
- Find the desired website → Select Block → Click Done.
How do I continue Chrome where I left off?
- From your Chrome browser, click on the menu icon with the three dots. in the top-right corner, and then pick Settings.
- Scroll down to On startup, and then select Continue where you left off.